Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation, Inc.
Celebrating Eight Years of Community Outreach and Advocacy
*Urgent message regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Click Here
- Diabetes Support Group: Small group meetings applying the 'Six Dimensions of Wellness Model, steadfast on accentuating the bond of mind, body, and spirit to appraise the whole person and how he or she interacts with their environment to gain proper balance in life. Our support group forum offers fellowship, education, fun activities, community resources, encouragement, group outings, and occasional guest speakers. Groups are circumscribing to: Older-adults, Veterans, Youth, Faith-based organizations, Families, Kinship, Worksite, and Caregivers (c)
- Nutrition for Wellness: Six (6) months lifestyle change prevention program encompassing nutrition education, chef-led cooking classes, food procurement, and urban agriculture/gardening (c)
- Project Saving Soles: Diabetic foot care awareness program comprising peer educator training, patient education, and fitness (c)
- Men's Health Initiative: Analysis approach conveying and fostering prominent education, community outreach and research to eliminate and impede health disparities impacting minority men diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Family Ties: Genealogy-extensive strategy offering a distinctive, fun, and engaging experience for families. This program specifically addresses the genetic likelihood of developing the Type-2 disease, and is offered as an education activity at family reunions in Georgia. Family Reunion organizers can request information by sending an email to email@example.com. Please allow 6 weeks for scheduling (c)
- Step-by-Step Walking Club: Group fellowship motivating, inspiring and engaging metro Atlanta neighborhoods in active and healthy walking.
- H.E.A.L (Helping. Eradicate. Aiding. Livelihood) Resources Network: In an effort to not only address diabetes medical issues yet also address the social determinants of health by bridging those in need with social services that address social needs. H.E.A.L is a trailblazing project in partnership with the Metro Atlanta Communities Collaborative.
If you have a question about our programs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun, Olympic track star
We are responsive and devoted to adapting our team endeavors to successfully meet the emerging needs of underserved, vulnerable, and special needs populations. Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation programs are evidence-inspired, led by trained professionals, and always free- no cost to participants.
Our specific core programs are:
© 2020 Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation, Inc.. All rights reserved.