Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation, Inc.
Celebrating 10 Years of Community Outreach and Advocacy
*Urgent message regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Click Here
- Diabetes Support Group: Small group meetings applying the 'Six Dimensions of Wellness Model, steadfast on accentuating the bond of mind, body, and spirit to appraise the whole person and how he or she interacts with their environment to gain proper balance in life. Our support group forum offers fellowship, education, fun activities, community resources, encouragement, group outings, and occasional guest speakers. Groups are circumscribing to: Older-adults, Veterans, Youth, Faith-based organizations, Families, Kinship, Worksite, and Caregivers (c)
- Nutrition for Wellness: Lifestyle change prevention program encompassing nutrition education, chef-led cooking classes, food procurement, and urban agriculture/gardening (c)
- Project Saving Soles: Diabetic foot care awareness program comprising peer educator training, patient education, and fitness (c)
- Brotherhood Wellness Check-In: Men's Health Initiative, strengthening the physical, emotional and social health and well-being in men with by increasing awareness of preventable health problems men face.
- Family Ties: Genealogy-extensive strategy offering a distinctive, fun, and engaging experience for families. This program specifically addresses the genetic likelihood of developing the Type-2 disease, and is offered as an education activity at family reunions in Georgia. Family Reunion organizers can request information by sending an email to email@example.com. Please allow 6 weeks for scheduling (c)
- Golden Ager Young at Heart: Healthy Aging Program providing engaging activities; in conjunction with key support for seniors and their families to better enhance their physical, emotional, mental and social health.
If you have a question about our programs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun, Olympic track star
We are responsive and devoted to adapting our team endeavors to successfully meet the emerging needs of underserved, vulnerable, and special needs populations. Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation programs are evidence-inspired, led by trained professionals, and always free- no cost to participants.
Our specific core programs are:
© 2022 Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation, Inc.. All rights reserved.